We are the Fair Trade Practice. This is the trading name we use for our company which is called the Protection Specialist Limited.
YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Personal data relates to an individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the possession of The Fair Trade Practice or information likely to enter our possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We value your privacy in respect of all the personal information you send to us by using this site. We will treat any and all information received confidentially; your information will not be shared outside The Protection Specialist and associated group of companies.
- The law requires us to do so.
- It is necessary to share the information to comply with a regulatory or legal process.
- You have given verbal or written consent.
- It is necessary for the performance of a contract.
- It is necessary to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another person
- It is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest
- It is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party unless such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms under data protection law
We do not guarantee that any emails sent to us by you will be received safely.
Please contact us via telephone on 01489 660300 if you are in any doubt or wish to check the status of an email sent to us.
We do not guarantee that emails sent by us to you will be secure although we will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to try and ensure that your personal data is processed safely and securely in accordance with our obligations under the GDPR. Our Data Protection Officer is Vikki Birchmore – email@example.com
WHO ARE THE FAIR TRADE PRACTICE
The Protection Specialist Limited trading as The Fair Trade Practice – Claims Specialist, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Authorisation number FRN831254. Company registration number 06969129. Registered office 3 Whittle Avenue, Fareham, PO15 5SH.
HOW DO WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA & HOW WILL IT BE USED?
We take your privacy very seriously. We will not give your personal information to any other person or organisation outside of The Protection Specialist or The Fair Trade Practice Ltd.
We will only use the personal information you provide us with to:
(a) Administer your account
(b) Provide the products and services you have requested from us
(c) Process your payment for these services
(d) Inform you of other similar products and services provided by The Protection Specialist and associated group of companies that we think you may be interested in
You can choose to change the medium of communication you receive from The Fair Trade Practice e.g. letter, email, sms and phone and opt out of Marketing for any or all products and services at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling 01489 660300.
HOW SECURE IS INFORMATION ABOUT ME?
We work hard to protect your information; we have secure in house servers and encourage high levels of compliance across our businesses.
Payments made using Sage Pay to The Fair Trade Practice are encrypted using 128 bit SSL encryption but once on their systems, all sensitive data is secured using the same internationally recognised 256-bit encryption standards.
YOUR RIGHTS & YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unless subject to an exemption [under the GDPR], you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that The Fair Trade Practice holds about you;
- The right to request that The Fair Trade Practice corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for The Fair Trade Practice to retain such data;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to data portability
- The right to object to any automated individual decision making
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
If you have a complaint regarding the way that we have handled your personal data, please contact us by email, phone or mail at the following address so that we can investigate your complaint.
The Protection Specialist
3 Whittle Avenue
Once we have investigated your complaint, if you are still not satisfied with the outcome, you have the right to complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at the address below. It is not necessary for you to complain directly to us before complaining to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113
Email: via online form at www.ico.org.uk
For further information about your rights and about how to complain, you can visit the ICO’s website at: www.ico.org.uk
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes, processing conditions and lawful basis upon which we intend to process the data. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
CO-BRANDED AND JOINT OFFERINGS
In the future we may offer co-branded products and services such as those offered by parent or affiliated companies, if you wish to opt out of this please submit a request via our contact us page.